[plug] imapd delay with Horde IMP3

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Fri Feb 14 10:55:28 WST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 00:32, Michael Hunt wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 23:57, ryan at is.as.geeky.as wrote:
>
> > Anyone got a clue they can lend me?
> >
> > Ryan
>
> Only to try cyrus *grin*

Okay, I did that - any hints on getting it to authenticate?  uw-imapd
just installed and worked - hence why i used it.

I've read all the cyrus howto's i can find and none achieve anything.
It can't connect to the pwcheck server in says, if I add
'sasl_pwcheck_method: PAM' to the config file as a few howtos suggested,
I doesn't log any errors - it just does nothing.

Feb 14 10:37:40 localhost imapd[21849]: badlogin: localhost[127.0.0.1]
plaintext cyrus cannot connect to pwcheck server

Some document say this is a socket permissions problem, well I'd agree
if pwcheck would even start in the first place.  It doesn't remain
resident when run as all the examples indicate it should.

I'm happy to add accounts one by one, or for it to use PAM.

This is running on Debian.

Ryan