[plug] samba connection problems

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Sun Feb 16 03:59:36 WST 2003

Gee we're having fun :(

ok, have you tried manual mapping (as suggested in other posting) by ip?
ie:
net use q: \\192.168.0.3\linux * /user:username

also try substituting "server string = Server2" for "netbios name = Server2"

Have you tried accessing other services on Redhat machine remotely?

Are we having a master browser war here, if you can get away with it try
disconnecting Esmith from the network and test again (I know, I know we're
getting desparate here)

the next thing I would try is to copy the config file from esmith :) and only
change the essential things (ie shares / computer name)

good luck
Quintin