[plug] Mail Filtering

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 17 18:00:32 WST 2003

This one's an odd request...

A mate uses exchange at work, and he uses the individual mail size
limits for user accounts. Now he would like himself to be able to send
large files via e-mail, but limit the kids to small e-mails in and out.
He also wants to be able to manually veto e-mails that the kids have
sent or received that are too large, but allow (forward) those e-mails
that are actually OK.

He's laid this out as a sort of challenge. The redhat box works without
problems, but he reckons maybe Microsoft could do a better job ...

I can set the default mail size limit with Sendmail, but I'm not sure
how to do individual mailboxes. I immediately suggested different mail
servers (one for him, one for the kids), but he's sure linux can't do
it. I've looked through the procmail stuff, but I've ended up more
confused than before :)

Any help or pointers would be appreciated. I don't want him to win this
one!!!

Craig Foster
fostware at iinet.net.au with SMIME