[plug] HDD brands

John Clayton mageaere at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 18 22:52:20 WST 2003

>I have a 60gb Seagate Barracuda IV, and am happy with it.

I also have this drive. I used to have it as my OS drive with the following
partitions:
Win98se 5G|redhat7.1 5G|debian 5G|Mandrake9 5G|Win2K 5G|Win2KAS 5G

In this configuration I kept on getting Errors from the win2k startup where
they could not properly access their partitions and the redhat and mandrake
OS's kept getting regular crc errors on startup requiring resetting of the
ide controller. This may have been a conflict with my motherboard which is a
Asus p3bf. I have since transfered my OS partitions to another disc and use
it as a data disk. It has worked flawlessly as a data disk.