[plug] Modem problems.

LineOne nicholls.m at lineone.net
Wed Feb 19 02:25:16 WST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kris Stoddart" <krisstoddart at iprimus.com.au>
To: <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 3:37 AM
Subject: [plug] Modem problems.

Hey guys,
i've recently decided to change distributions, i was
previously using debian and had no problems locating config files.

My modem is incapable, or so it seems, of recieving large packets of
information, all downloads seem to die after a few kilobytes.  I've had this
problem in the past and modified the 'mtu' and 'mru' options. ...it was a
problem with the compression.

I assume there is a more efficient way, like a kernel option or 2, it would
be
great to have a permanent fix, and even a quick fix just for now.

Thanks,
Kris Stoddart.

Wot does your config look like?  Is it a win modem etc.