[plug][link] Microsoft to adopt Open Source best practices?

Peter J. Nicol PeterNicol at vrl.com.au
Thu Feb 20 19:12:13 WST 2003

This article is a crock.  Actually, it's hilarious:

"Windows has yet to move past its PC-centric roots to capture a significant part
of the larger network space ...".

Bugger me backwards ... I suppose 27.49% of Webservers surveyed by Netcraft is not
'significant'.  Ha ha.

Server installations tell a similar story.

What is this guy smoking?  Word 97 (6 years ago) exported HTML.  Windows in
networked in every way conceivable.  Microsoft products built on the .NET
framework can all talk to each other using webservices (basically, XML + rpc of
one form or another).  The article is a joke, and he has such a bad picture of
microsoft that his thesis regarding adopting 'open source best practices' is
suspect at best.