[plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Feb 21 14:27:20 WST 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Derek Fountain wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:04:32 +0800
> From: Derek Fountain <derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk>
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth
>
> > Likewise DMA, who have a rep for being grumpy about returns.
> >
> > Domain might be a bit friendlier. Certainly Connie there is very
> > straightforward to deal with.
> >
> > I've also heard good things about Austin.
>
> Any URLs for these places? The names are so generic googling doesn't get me
> too far.

Austin have in their ads, that the use of plastic to pay (including
EFTPOS "may incur a surcharge". They appear to not want customers, or,
only cash customers. Reminds me of a computer shop convicted of evading
sales tax on computers (handy way of lowering prices - don't pay tax).
Their advertised surcharge for plastic, has been advertised for months
(not just due to the recent move by the banks to increase the EFTPOS
charge to retailers). We've not dealt with Austin Computers - surcharges
on all plastic, sounds dubious.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale