[plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Fri Feb 21 14:33:32 WST 2003

We pay certain percentage for every CC transaction here & transaction
charges & Telstra call charges & monthly eftpos fees and other fees i
don't know about. So if you pay cash it costs the company less to sell
you the product. Makes going to the ATM a good idea.

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 14:27, Bret Busby wrote:
    On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Derek Fountain wrote:

    > Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:04:32 +0800
    > From: Derek Fountain <derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk>
    > To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
    > Subject: Re: [plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth
    >
    > > Likewise DMA, who have a rep for being grumpy about returns.
    > >
    > > Domain might be a bit friendlier. Certainly Connie there is very
    > > straightforward to deal with.
    > >
    > > I've also heard good things about Austin.
    >
    > Any URLs for these places? The names are so generic googling doesn't get me
    > too far.

    Austin have in their ads, that the use of plastic to pay (including
    EFTPOS "may incur a surcharge". They appear to not want customers, or,
    only cash customers. Reminds me of a computer shop convicted of evading
    sales tax on computers (handy way of lowering prices - don't pay tax).
    Their advertised surcharge for plastic, has been advertised for months
    (not just due to the recent move by the banks to increase the EFTPOS
    charge to retailers). We've not dealt with Austin Computers - surcharges
    on all plastic, sounds dubious.

    --
    Bret Busby
    Armadale

     you'll know what the answer means."
    - Deep Thought,
      Chapter 28 of
      "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
      A Trilogy In Four Parts",
      written by Douglas Adams,
      published by Pan Books, 1992

Scott Middleton
Member Society of Linux Professionals (WA)
Linux Information Technology
www.linuxit.com.au
scott at linuxit.com.au
ph  (08) 9331 8051
fax (08) 6210 1712
1900 999 221 for instant help!

Stop being a Microserf and join the revolution of the Penguin.