[plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 15:09:01 WST 2003

> Try harder:
>
> http://www.google.com.au/search?q=austin+computers+%22western+australia%22
>
> ...at least the first 10 hits refer to Austin.

With Google it doesn't matter how hard you try, what matters is that you type
the right thing. I tried:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=perth+austin+computer+supplies&spell=1

and got nothing (directly) relevant.

A funny thing I've noticed about WA, is that there seem to be an awful lot of
indexing and directory sorts of companies. When I do a Google search for a
lot of things - I've tried computer bits, accomodation and opticians all
recently - I tend to get a pageful of hits into other people's directory
pages, rather than the pages of the people I'm trying to find.

Perhaps that's a shortcoming of Google's mechanism. With so many pages of
links, it's these directory pages that tend to come to the top of Google's
search results. :shug:

Anyway, I found Austin, thanks. They don't have what I want! :oP