[plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 22 08:40:36 WST 2003

At austins I have only ever been charged for visa - and then only a
couple of times on bigger purchases.  All smaller ones (single disks, cd
burners one at a time etc, they dont bother.  I was specifically asked,
if its visa we'll have to charge a fee, eftpos is ok.

None the less, I always thought that charging a fee at the retail end
was illegal, and the law has only just been changed to allow this, so
why has this been happening for so long?

And if anyone from Austins is listening: if I can find a supplier that
that does not charge too much extra (advertised price + visa fee) I take
that - there seems something "slimy" about the practice.

BillK