Seminar streaming (was Re: [plug] Magic Smoke)

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sun Feb 23 19:31:59 WST 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 07:23:03PM +0800, Harry McNally wrote:
> But then again .. <thinks> .. is it too geeky to figure out streaming said
> presentation so Ben and others can attend ?

Feed me motivation to, I can try and incorporate streaming into the
speex setup that was used for LCA! (We wanted it, but I ran out of
time). This will handle the audio side of things at least. Or there
will be other software coming out to do a similar thing after the
Speex RTP specification is finalised "Real Soon Now(tm)".

If there's a slideshow involved, perhaps the speaker could make it
available before the talk so those watching online can walk through
the presentation in realtime too?

Then with somebody sitting on IRC to take questions, all of this
combined would make it accessible even over a 56k modem link! =)

This seriously sounds like a fantastic idea! (And maybe we can sell
it to the LCA2004 crew in Adelaide! :)

Comments?

Bernard.

--