[plug] Question about the boot process.

Dion tenzero at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 26 14:07:10 WST 2003

Hi I have a question for the clever Pluggers out there.  I am wondering
about what is happening at each point in the boot process relative to
screen output.
I have been fiddling with compiling a 2.5.62 kernel under Debian 3.0
once complete and the lilo has been updated, I try to boot the kernel.
It begins booting with screen output

and goes no further than that.  At this point is the Kernel still being
copied to memory?? or unpacked?? I am trying to figure where to look for
the point of failure.

Cheers.
D.

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which may adequately be explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte