[plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth

Michael Bell michael at belfry.cx
Fri Feb 28 16:58:18 WST 2003

Quoting Milan Pospisil  (quoting Ari about Austin):

> Hi Ari;
>  It seems to me that what Austin have done might be quite illegal.  I know
> for sure that if a supermarket advertises an item let's say for $10 and at
> the cash register they ask $15 for it, they have to sell it to you for $10,
> whether they like it or not....

I can't cite the source, though I'm sure it was usually reliable, but I was told once that the
price's marked on the shelves aren't actually binding:  items are purchased under a contract
of offer and acceptance so the marked price constitutes an invitation to you to make an
offer of that price at the checkout, where they/she/he/it may decline to accept your offer.

Of course it'd be a public relations nightmare if they didn't stand by the price though.

--
Michael Bell (who is in)
Perth, Western Australia (and is not a lawyer