[plug] Where to buy computer bits in Perth

Simon Newton newtons at iinet.net
Fri Feb 28 17:07:28 WST 2003

I've heard the same, which makes me wonder if it could be extended to
the following:

A company advertises a part on their website for $100 ('inviting' me to
purchase it for that price). However the person who wrote their shopping
cart didn't know thing about security and I'm able to set the price to
$1, and purchase the product. Is this not me making a counter offer and
the program blindly accepting it?

I've never tried this but I'd be really interested to see how such an
argument would hold up in court.

Simon N