[plug] [link] Israeli Military replacing Internet servers with Linux

Russell russells at plug.linux.org.au
Thu Jan 2 18:02:22 WST 2003

As much as I might agree with sentiments that this thread could bring
up, I must point to sections 5 and 6 of the Open Source Definition
(originally the Debian Free Software Guidelines):

  5. No Discrimination Against Persons or Groups

  The license must not discriminate against any person or group of
  persons.

  6. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor

  The license must not restrict anyone from making use of the program
  in a specific field of endeavor. For example, it may not restrict
  the program from being used in a business, or from being used for
  genetic research.

http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition_plain.html

These principles are Good Things (TM).