[plug] OSS and freedom of expression (was: Israeli Military)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Jan 2 18:23:55 WST 2003

On Thursday 02 January 2003 06:02 pm, Russell wrote:
> These principles are Good Things (TM).

Agree. Original draftees of US Constitution (pardon the mauling it's suffered
in court in recent years) understood this, the closest we get in the Oz
constitution is Section 116, which only specifies freedom of religion, and I
understand that a chap named Alonzo T Jones had to fight for even that.

Anyone remember 54B? We don't even have implied freedom of assembly here (let
alone freedom of higher level languages, sorry, couldn't resist).

Cheers; Leon