[plug] XBox progress

garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Fri Jan 3 04:12:12 WST 2003

I wonder if ThoseWhoKnow(tm) about the XBox mods would mind bringing PLUG up
to date..

I have heard bits and pieces, but with the XBox now going for the princely
sum of $284 from Hardly Normal, I thought maybe an update might be timely..

I refer to the ROM which is MS free, to be put in the donated 'Box for PLUG..
Did it go in OK, is Debian up and running yet? Was the hardware conversion
pain free, or were the young players trapped? Can you watch the DVDs under
Debian?

Yes, I know the people involved 8^)== , but I'm sure they'd rather do a
sitrep once (for everyone)  -before- the Guiness kicks in.. Speaking of
which, 39C and stormy today..mmm.  Can taste it from here...

8^)==

Regards,

Garry