[plug] Wanted: dirt cheap wireless LAN

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Fri Jan 3 07:55:42 WST 2003

On Thursday 02 January 2003 11:53 pm, Simon Newton wrote:
> This may be what your after:

> http://www.altronics.com.au/cat.asp?cat=11&grp=424&id=K2860

> Its only $22 per end + 2 laser pointers and looks pretty simple to
> build.

Not sure whether that includes laser pointer or not, but I'm an Altronics
wholesaler so that will help the price a bit.

This (http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/7156/laser.htm) appears to
be the original author, who claims 200m range, which is more than I need. But
I bet getting that kind of range is fiddly. Tubes and receiver lenses might
improve things.

> I'm not sure of the legalities of shining lasers across the suburbs
> though :)

Probably entirely legal until someone compolains. (-:

Cheers; Leon