[plug] Email delivery WAS: Wanted: dirt cheap wireless LAN

bob bob at fots.org.au
Fri Jan 3 21:09:19 WST 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 08:49 pm, levsky at rave.iinet.net.au wrote:

> Absolutely none :)  Other than the assumption that iiNet (yeah - I work
> for iiNet, in a dev/tech role - but I try to keep that off this list,
> since most of the time it's not relevent) has better things to do than
> scan through the email of the customer base.  We'll monitor email if
> legally required to by an authorised body (eg Police), but otherwise it's
> just passed through blind.  And if they do require it, it's a complete
> pita to set up.

Ah... but you have to be one of the workers in sector 7G before you're privy
to the "Super Sekrit Scanner" setup :->

> Yeah - maybe try getting em to tail the logs as you send the email
> through and see what's happening in realtime

I'll do that.

As I hinted earlier, I think looking closely at whats going on with DNS
queries could be a big clue too.

> It's a good conspiracy theory, I'll grant you.

Yeah :(

Damn Its hard to get some righteous indignation going these days :)

--
Men freely believe that what they wish to desire.
		-- Julius Caesar