[plug] /var/spool/up2date on RH 7.3

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Jan 5 15:35:46 WST 2003

In trying to find why my disk free space has been significantly
decreasing, at Anne's suggestion, I examined my /var/spool/up2date
directory.

It has about 170MB of space occupied (du -sh).

>From what Anne has said, as headers and rpm's are downloaded and
installed, and the system upgraded, the headers and rpm's should be
deleted on completion.

Is this correct, and, should I rm * the contents of that directory, and,
what is the result of that?

I have 74 updates that I cannot download, as I am at present running at
less than 25MB free in my / partition, and the updates are about 96MB of
downloads.

Thanks in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Douglas Adams, 1988