[plug] Mailreader - Web based email on Deb

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Sun Jan 5 17:41:52 WST 2003

Two of the most common webmail packages are Squirrelmail and IMP. Go IMP. We
used at the
student union I work at Squirrelmail, but I discovered it barfs on big email
boxes. Seems it wants to 'think' about the whole damn box in each page view,
plus its crawling in wierd cookie madness (Don't log off, someone else logs
on, and they get your cookie+settings HUH?). IMP is much better behaved.
Infact Murdoch Uni serves (off a solaris box admitedly) all 9,000+ students
webmail via IMP off a single box.

Cheers,
Shayne.