[plug] html editors

James Devenish devenish at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 8 18:36:32 WST 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:58:15PM +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> >>I like vim, but the syntax highlighting is a bit garish.  I suppose it
> >>can be configured.  How?

I forgot to mention: it is the 'highlight' command that you would want
to use. If you open up an HTML document with syntax highlighting and
then type ":hi", you will get a visual display of the current colours.
This applies to both gvim and vim.

Note also that I was just attempting to use vim on a RedHat machine
but it seems it (RH 7.3) has harmful default settings. Not sure what
OS you are using.

One nice thing about vim is that there is a Windows version so I can
actually edit files under Windows (and using basically the same
settings as under UNIX and Linux).