[plug] html editors

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Thu Jan 9 10:19:01 WST 2003

I have just finished an e-mail to Murdoch Uni suggesting the IT department
have a look at the OOo HTML editor.

If you set out a page in the wysiwyg word processing type editor, when you
change "view" to HTML view you find beautifully set out code which is text
book correct, unlike some of the weird and wonderful code generated by MS
FrontPage and some other editors.

I prefer to write code rather than word process, but it is handy to have the
facility when you forget a command or have 2-3 goes at getting the syntax
right, without success - you can switch to wysiwyg; set out that part of
your Web page and then change back to see how you should have done it in the
first place.

Kind regards,

James Elliott