[plug] Sorta [OT] Anybody know where I can get SuSE 8.1

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Thu Jan 9 15:55:32 WST 2003

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 09/01/2003 03:50 PM
-----

                      Derek Fountain
                      <derekfountain at ya        To:       plug at plug.linux.org.au
                      hoo.co.uk>               cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [plug] Sorta [OT] Anybody know where I can get SuSE 8.1
                      09/01/2003 04:37
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

On Thursday 09 January 2003 07:23, Richard Meyer wrote:
>> Subject line says it all. Anybody know where I can get the Professional
>> version preferably?

>Me? :o) Or did you want the box and manuals and stuff?

>I only have CDs, no DVD, but I can copy them onto 7 blank disks of your
>choice. Technically I can't copy the "pay" software they have on them.
:ahem:

<crosses fingers>

No and I wouldn't want you to do anything like that (says he piously -
looking up to see whether the lightning will strike him dead).

</crosses fingers>

>Mind you, you have an IBM email address. I've just left IBM UK. I had
access
>to the SuSE distro from their internal servers because it's a supported
>product of IBM these days. Can't you get it internally?

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. Of course if I got it from work and took it
home, and used it, I would technically be taking work home, and would
deserve a raise for my dedication, right ;).

RichardM