[plug] Sorta [OT] Anybody know where I can get SuSE 8.1

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 17:54:43 WST 2003

> >Me? :o) Or did you want the box and manuals and stuff?
> >
> >I only have CDs, no DVD, but I can copy them onto 7 blank disks of your
> >choice. Technically I can't copy the "pay" software they have on them.
> >
> :ahem:
>
> <crosses fingers>
>
> No and I wouldn't want you to do anything like that (says he piously -
> looking up to see whether the lightning will strike him dead).
>
> </crosses fingers>

Actually it's a bit silly. The licences for things like Acrobat reader and
IBM's Java VM say they can't be given away for free. So in theory I'd have to
delete those files from the CD images and have you go and download them
instead. Note that I say "in theory". ;-)

> Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. Of course if I got it from work and took it
> home, and used it, I would technically be taking work home, and would
> deserve a raise for my dedication, right ;).

That's what I did. No bugger paid me any more money!