[plug] nerd.net.au

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Mon Jan 13 14:54:34 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 14:43, Tim Bowden wrote:
> what warranty support is available for the billion dsl's?  This is for
> an office installation that shouldn't have any significant downtime.  If
> it goes belly up, am I going to be left in the lurch for a week or so
> while it is replaced/ repaired?

This is called a Service Level Agreement, and there should be a
provision in the contract you sign. I would also look for disclaimers
that talk about their upstream provider - generally Telstra - because
the smaller ISPs save their money by not having more than one connection
to the net.

I've personally found that Highway1 and Telstra provide good business
quality service. But of course your mileage may vary...
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -
onno at itmaze.com.au