[plug] VPN and Mozilla

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Mon Jan 13 15:17:57 WST 2003

G'day all,

We have a wireless gateway on our network at the office, this AP comes
off the back of a dedicated linux box that has 3 ethernet cards in it,
one to the office net, one to the adsl modem and one to the AP. The
firewall is set up so the only accessible port from the wireless AP is
the SSH port on the router machine.
I access the network by running ppp over ssh to create a secure vpn into
the office. I have debian on my laptop and the whole thing works a treat.
I figured this was the most secure way to run the wireless network.
Problem is, I have an employee who wants to do the same, but with
windows. I can ssh in using putty with no problem, is there a ppp client
or similar for windows that will allow me to securely vpn in? Or are
there other options?

While I'm here, I have recently gone from Netscape 4 to Mozilla for my
mail, is there an easy way of telling mozilla to use plain text for
*Everything*?
At the moment I have to go Options -> Format -> Plain Text
when I start composing a message. How can I make it default to this?

Cheers all,
Brad.