[plug] nerd.net.au

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Mon Jan 13 15:14:45 WST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Tim Bowden wrote:

> what warranty support is available for the billion dsl's?  This is for
> an office installation that shouldn't have any significant downtime.  If

The importer is at  http://www.ausadsl.info/index.html
Contact them for local reseller and support options.

I think the Telstra ADSL connection is likely to be far less reliable than
the modem, so you should have a dial-up modem or other alternative in
place. (And mechanism to stop users sending 10MB email attachments)

> it goes belly up, am I going to be left in the lurch for a week or so
> while it is replaced/ repaired?

   If the modem does fail, its a commodity. Just phone around for a
replacement modem/router. They only take a few minutes to configure.
Neednt be the same brand.

> Who sells them and how much?

$189 RRP.

--
    One seldom sees a monument to a committee.