[plug] [OT] ish - LCA

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Jan 14 11:36:44 WST 2003

>I dont mean to diss LCA, I just found it hard to define their target audience.

It is one of the few conferences that I wish to attend where I don't have
to get on a plane. Yes, it is technical, but if you are even remotely
involved in Linux and Open Source I don't know how you can not go.

I am an avid book purchaser of non-fiction, but the snippets that you get
from real people never make it into a book. In the ICT industry you cannot
afford to not keep learning.

>Maybe Ill turn up to the dinner and flick mashed potatoes at AC :D

You mean you will spend $50 for dinner and provide your own entertainment,
but you wont invest $99/$250/$550 to attend a six day conference :) Even at
the professional rate that is only ~$91/day.

Another conference I looked at attending on the Gold Coast is $1795 for two
days!

I am looking forward to putting faces to names, and seeing and listening to
people that are passionate about their contribution to Linux and Open Source.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)