[plug] [OT] ish - LCA

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Jan 14 13:04:31 WST 2003

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 11:36 am, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
>> Maybe Ill turn up to the dinner and flick mashed potatoes at AC :D

> You mean you will spend $50 for dinner and provide your own entertainment,
> but you wont invest $99/$250/$550 to attend a six day conference :) Even at
> the professional rate that is only ~$91/day.

> Another conference I looked at attending on the Gold Coast is $1795 for two
> days!

Yeah, I kept telling them to raise the price... and then I thought "but how
can I afford to go?"

> I am looking forward to putting faces to names, and seeing and listening to
> people that are passionate about their contribution to Linux and Open
> Source.

...and generally building up an impressive array of intangible assets for your
Linux-related businesses.

"I saw Alan Cox flinch when somebody asked him that question, but he told
me..." carries a lot more weight than "I think...". It's a pity Marcelo the
Wonder Penguin couldn't come along, I'd like to hand him a baseball bat to
take home with him for use on a particular neighbour.

Cheers; Leon