[plug] MySQL interface

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jan 14 12:36:24 WST 2003

>>You could try using UNIXODBC, the mysql ODBC interface, and
>>OpenOffice.org forms.
>

> You could try it, but don't think you could rely on it. It's inflexible and
> hopelessly unstable in my experience. I suppose it depends on exactly what
> you want to do.

Inflexible, definitely. I did have some issues with stability but
overall it worked alright. I'm hoping that the next oo.o major release
will improve the forms interface. Most importantly, I'm hoping that
support for spelling checking in form fields will be added.

I expect it might be possible to do a lot with it using StarBASIC
too.... but I have enought programming languages on my plate and don't
want to have to debug code in a potentially buggy dev environment, either.

I found oo.o forms quite useable for small stuff, though.

Craig