[plug] OpenGL and SDL

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 12 09:39:48 WST 2003

I have recently reinstalled Debian. I have got problems that previously I
didn't have. Games that use OpenGL now run with a frame rate of less than 1
frame a second. I used to get games with over 60 frames a second. OpenGL
seems to be installed properly as glxgears runs at over 80 frames a second.
Game such as Tuxracer and Cube are the problem. It seems to me the problem
is in the SDL layer as both those games access OpenGL through SDL.
I used to have this problem in windows untill I got non generic drivers. In
my XF84-config file it is set to use the i810 driver.
This problem has arizen after the Debian reinstall. Cube runs fine under
windows
Tim

LinuxAlien

Riverton, Perth, WA