[plug] VPN and Mozilla

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jan 14 12:49:46 WST 2003

> I access the network by running ppp over ssh to create a secure vpn into
> the office. I have debian on my laptop and the whole thing works a treat.
> I figured this was the most secure way to run the wireless network.
> Problem is, I have an employee who wants to do the same, but with
> windows. I can ssh in using putty with no problem, is there a ppp client
> or similar for windows that will allow me to securely vpn in? Or are
> there other options?

IPSEC and FreeS/WAN might work if the user has win2k or newer, but I
don't know about interoperability issues. Alternately, I could've sworn
putty supported port forwards? A simple batch file that uses putty might
  well do the trick.

If not there's always PPPTP but again I have no experience with that.