[plug] Make a Debian 2.4.18-bf2.4 source tree

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Jan 14 15:10:05 WST 2003

I was just trying to compile the nvidia glx drivers and kernel module on
someone's machine for them running debian with 2.4.18-bf2.4 - however
using the standard 2.4.18 tree generates incompatiable kernel modules
for the bf2.4 kernel (not just a warning - but pages of unresolved
symbols too)

On my machines i have custom 2.4.18 kernel running and it is all
perfect.

I have tried: apt-get -b source kernel-image-2.4.18-bf2.4

which AFAIK unpacks the 2.4.18 vanilla tree, cooks it to bf2.4 and then
makes a kernel pacakge.  All went without fault, so I used the kernel
tree it generated and it still compiled the nvidia module for 2.4.18
only.

I do have the bf2.4 headers - can they somehow be wacked into the
vanilla 2.4.18 source tree to do what I want?  or is there some other
way to make a 2.4.18-bf2.4 compatible source tree?

TIA,

Ryan