[plug] [OT] ish - LCA

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Jan 14 16:01:39 WST 2003

On 14 Jan 2003, Simon Scott wrote:

> Or perhaps LCA should run streams of related material like most other
> conferences do :) Webdev stream, kernel geek stream, desktop user stream, unix
> administrator stream etc. Or does that make things too easy? :)

LCA does have a concept of streams.  Try to find 2 kernel talks running
simultaneously.  The programme was differently structured but this is the
final layout.

We've _tried_ to focus on developer needs. As well as covering some of the
biggish OSS projects.  Something to keep in mind, LCA2003 can only select
papers that are submitted to it.  If noone wants to talk about XXXXX project
then we can't make it happen.

> Looking at the topics, in between all the TBAs, I couldnt derive a pattern at
> all - attending the conference will therefore teach you to code a HTML kernel
> module in PERL :) or something.

There are TBA's on the website ... Oh crap where thats planly a typo.
Ooooh I see it, I'll get "Keynote 1" fixed ASAP, thanks for poiting that out.

You can learn about postgresql, samba, php, kernel, licensing,
automake/autoconf and the project lifcycles of both gnome and debian.

Now I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just attempting to address
some of your concerns.

> When do registrations close? I must organise to forget that date :)

Charming, to be sure.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!