[plug] 3d Savage + K7SOM + SiS 900 LAN

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Jan 15 14:00:20 WST 2003

SiS900 ethernet cards work fine, they have support in all 2.4 kernels.
Not the greatest efficiency under high loads, but it works.

SiS graphics chipsets have never impressed me, I was the victim of a 630
not so long ago on a laptop.  I'm confident though that the
xserver-xfree86 v4 server will sort it out - there is experimental
accelerated framebuffer support for it in the 2.4 kernels (didn't work
for the 630) but DRI etc I'm unsure of.

Ryan