[plug] Big new hdd in old pc

james.elliott james.elliott at wn.com.au
Sat Jan 18 14:56:57 WST 2003

I haven't read all the replies, so you have probably been told this
already, but you need to upgrade your BIOS.  Whether that is possible
or not depends on whether the Mainboard manufacturer has continued to
support the old motherboard.  I suggest going to the manufacturers
Web site;  find your board in thelist of products; if there is a more
recent version of the BIOS to be downloaded, then download it, along
with the executable for installing it, and flash your BIOS.

It has worked for me on several occasions - but sometimes there just
is not an up to date BIOS for every motherboard.

Kind regards,

James Elliott