[plug] hot spots and Linux

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Jan 18 16:04:36 WST 2003

I was posting in relation to fires to another list, about the Sentinel
Hotspots system:
http://www.sentinel.csiro.au

"Australian scientists have joined forces with Defence, CSIRO and
Geoscience Australia to develop an online bushfire map that will help
firefighters better detect and monitor blazes that threaten lives and
property this bushfire season."

The site is pretty slow tho', even using Broadband.

But, it's the first time I have seen a favourite OS and browser included in
the "Supported Operating Systems and Browsers":
http://www.sentinel.csiro.au/help.html

Do you know of any other web resources that display Linux as a supported or
recommended OS?

Jacqueline McNally
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)