[plug] windows

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Jan 19 16:11:57 WST 2003

> I had to go back to win2k today to get some images from Landonline.com.au.. It
> is a IE only site. gggrrrrr. It uses a plugin, suppose it is to extract $20
> per image from you.

You know what's /really/ annoying? If they really feel the need for a
"view-only" plugin (pfft, can't work really), they could've used a java
applet instead. That way it'd be cross platform - I've seen this done.

Of course, this annoyed me enough that I hit view source, looked at the
params the applet was getting (same as you prob'ly could with this
plugin ) and did a wget on the images - not because I wanted to use them
but because I could. That sort of thing /really/ pisses me off.

Craig