[plug] mysql query questoin

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Sun Jan 19 21:26:31 WST 2003

Jon,

I believe this is a little akin to "piping" data.  For example "SELECT
bah blah blah" gets the data and INSERT whatever, whatever, whatever does
the insert.  So you'd be looking at a syntax like...

INSERT INTO (your destination table) SELECT (your query string) FROM
(your source table);

Pending a more informed reply, that's where I'd be headed.   It could of
course get tricky if you need to send data to differently-named fields.

HTH,
Denis