[plug] mysql query questoin

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Jan 19 21:42:26 WST 2003

Which is exactly the case.
The destination table is in another database and the tables in this db
have differently named fields.  I was hoping there is a way to say
INSERT INTO (Destination database.table, field1, field2, etc) SELECT
(field1, field2, etc) FROM (source table).
The problem lies in the syntax to insert data in a different database
table and fields.
I 'm thinking run the query and save the results in a file that can be
read into the destination datebase table.  However, I do not know how to
save the results in the file format that MySQL can read.  But I do know
if the file is formatted properly, MySQL can import the data from the
file.

Jon