[plug] CUPS and Shared Network Printer

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Jan 20 08:00:17 WST 2003

> I tried many users including Power Users,
> Administrators and guest but it kept denying access. I havn't yet had
> time to google for drivers but I can't understand the password bit. I
> can connect fine when i boot into w2k with my normal user name and
> password. I am using Deb.

Is it possible that the interface actually wants your local system's
root password so that it can change the CUPS server settings?

You didn't post the exact words of the error message, so I'm just
guessing here.

Consider configuring CUPS using "lpadmin" or the web-based admin tool on
http://localhost:631/ instead, see if you have any more luck with that.

Craig