[plug] CUPS and Shared Network Printer

James Devenish devenish at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 20 08:20:19 WST 2003

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 07:58:18AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> It's too bad IIS is required just to get an IPP server on win2k :-(

PrinterOn <http://www.printeron.com/> make some products that are
Apache-based. On the other hand, the one I tried has stopped working on
the computer that I tried it on. Their website is hard to navigate and
their product names are almost indistinguishable from general text, but
if you are determined (as I was) you will find a way to eventually
download their no-cost product. I can't remember their licensing
arrangements, though. YMMV but some people were rumoured to be happy
with it a year or two ago.