[plug] Linus' interest - was: is this true!!!!

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Jan 21 08:12:32 WST 2003

On 20 Jan 2003, Simon Scott wrote:

> > The article is wrong.  Linus _is_ comming to perth and he will be attending
> > parts of LCA2003.  Linus is _NOT_ speaking.  If you look at the programme
> you
> > will NOT see his name there.
>
> I get the distinct feeling that Linus' interest in Linux is slowly
> declining.... I saw an interview with him where he almost admitted as much,
> saying something like 'while Linux continues to grow in size and application
> my interest in it remains constant'

His interest in being the media figure head has always been low.  His interest
in userspace is somwhat cool.  His interest in making the kernel do groovy
things, is as high as it has been.

> So his interest is declining, relatively :)
>
> As for Linus groupies, do such things really exist? wow

Yes they certainly do exist!

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!