[plug] Proposed tax on blank Cdr

Chris Caston caston at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 21 20:45:41 WST 2003

This is probably a very bad analogy but it could be somewhat similar to
the following situation.

Prostitution is illegal but the government wants to collect tax on the
income of prostitutes. The problem then is that because prostitution is
illegal none of them would admit any earnings in case in brought them
into legal hot water.

The government then decides to force a tax on all women even those that
would never in their life consider being a prostitute.

Prostitution is still illegal.

I'm not trying be sexist or anything if you can think of a better
analogy please let me know.

regards,

Chris Caston