[plug][OT] Linus

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Wed Jan 22 00:12:03 WST 2003

> I doubt it is the last opportunity you will get..
> being I feel like a dinosaur of late, so you must be younger :)
> Your time will come.

Not younger :( Just eternal student :) (well perhaps.. 29)

> > Anyone up to spring bucks for a poor student?
> I actually registered with the concession..
> as I am unemployed.. and at $99 I feel it is great value..
>
> I think the LCA organisers picked a decent figure to
> allow me even on a tight budget to make the plunge..

I agree. Its just that I cant afford it.
No great horror. I was mostly interested in the edulinux bit, but
being a bookworm and all I'll just harrass folk for the conf papers :)
WOulda been nice to go tho + put some faces to the names on this list.

> Don't get me started on the goverments policy towards
> the dole.. (what is now known as newstart)..as frankly
> the pitance they pay doesnt cover even basic living costs
> over any significant period of time.. and had the
> conference come up in 6 months time I might very
> well have not been able to afford it.. but this time
> around.. I could. and so far I think every penny has
> been well spent :)

Betchya didnt know there is an unemployed union :)
More just a lobby group tho.

Shayne