[plug] F-Prot on Bootable CD

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 22 09:37:14 WST 2003

On my search through Freashmeat mailing list emails I found this.
I Think this is like what I need but if any one has some more suggestions
please tell me. Some thing simple is what I need and I have a spare HD that
I can build a system on. Maybe if I install the Debian base system on that
and the other packages that I need I will be able to make and ISO of that?
Thanks
Tim
<http://freshmeat.net/releases/107989/>GENDIST 1.4.8 (Stable)
GENDIST (the Linux Distribution Generator) allows you to easily create your
own special distribution. It creates a makefile-based build system for your
distribution, and helps you to automate the following three tasks:
maintaining your root filesystem, maintaining your "CD
filesystem" (in case you create a bootable CD), and packaging
everything on media.

At 00:43 22/01/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>I am the LinuxAlien wrote:
>>I wish to make a Bootable CD that will contain a minimal system and
>>F-Prot. I was thinking of using Debian but do not know how to make the CD.
>
>I believe its possible to make customized knoppix CDs w/o excessive
>difficulty - or so I've heard. Anybody tried it?
>
>>It will need to be able to mount NTFS partitions and run F-Prot on all
>>the files on the partitions.
>
>Linux NTFS write support is not useable at this point. Go and yell at
>microsoft for having an undocumented filesystem.

>>was wondering if it is possible to do this on a windows machine
>
>v. unlikely if you made a linux CD, since you'd need to modify the
>original disc tree then re-run mkisofs.
>
>>or will I have to make the ISO on a Linux box and burn it through a
>>windows machine as I don't have a Linux box with burner.
>
>You would have to, but it isn't hard.

LinuxAlien

Riverton, Perth, WA