[plug] F-Prot on Bootable CD

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 22 19:30:30 WST 2003

Well I have solved the problem by using Mindi. Tell it what you want, the
kernel you want (your current one or its FAILSAFE one) and then it will
create a Distro for you that is split up into floppies and it will even
make a bootable CD ISO for you! Its worked a charm for me to get F-Prot
virus scanning on other computers.
My only problem now is that it some times terminates on some of the larger
NTFS drives and there are no error messages. Can anybody tell me how to
find out what it's exit code is. Or should I say how to capture its exit code.
Thanks
Tim
At 15:43 22/01/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>Chris Griffin wrote:
>
>>While everyone is one the subject...
>>
>>I have in the past tried to create a bootable CD, both in Linux and
>>Window$. They both seem
>>to want me to supply a boot image file for: "floppy emulation", "HDD
>>emulation" or "no emulation"
>>
>>The "no emulation" option does not end up with a bootable CD and I do not
>>have "images"
>>for the other options?? Or do I have one and not know it?
>>
>>Can someone enlighten me on this subject please?
>
>I make boot images by creating a floppy that does what I want it to, that
>way it's cheap and
>easy to test, then I simply dd if=/dev/fd0 of=bootimg to create the
>bootimg file which I pass
>to the cd-writing program.
>For a linux boot image, you could create an ext2 floppy with lilo on it I
>guess.
>Most of mine are dos-boot images for rescuing or installing that other OS.
>I have never created a linux boot cd, but done hundreds of linux boot
>floppies.
>I do it with syslinux and a compressed ext2 rootfs.
>
>Brad

LinuxAlien

Riverton, Perth, WA