RE Misinformation and General Commonsense. Was [plug] Linus Torvalds' role at conference

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Thu Jan 23 08:12:45 WST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Craig Foster wrote:

> I can't go to the conf for various recent reasons (including work) and
> have friends busily beavering notes to bring back. ("showbags" ^_^)
> I am, though, disappointed that as a person who was 99.999% ready to go

First, can with do without the massive unedited quotes and useless MIME
attachments please?

Dont worry too much about notes. I believe the organisers are recording
all the talks.

  Note that Linus isnt doing a talk. But if you want to argue with him
about why he rejected your kernel patch, just look for the guy pushing a
pram around campus. If you want to talk user-space, he's probably not that
interested.
   Yes, its great to see Linus. But its even better to learn PHP from the
guy who invented it. Or hear Rusty bitch about Linus and pre-emption :-)

  A big congrats to the organisers is not at all premature here!

[gobs deleted]

--
Man usually avoids attributing cleverness to somebody else -- unless it
is an enemy.  -- Albert Einstein