RE Misinformation and General Commonsense. Was [plug] Linus Torvalds' role at conference

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 23 07:29:01 WST 2003

Thankyou for calling me short-sighted, shallow and bitter, not to me,
but in the public forum.

I can't go to the conf for various recent reasons (including work) and
have friends busily beavering notes to bring back. ("showbags" ^_^)
I am, though, disappointed that as a person who was 99.999% ready to go
but decided not to, that the organisers knew of of 'yet another
sweetner' (even said as much in the original post). While I do
appreciate the fact that Linus' schedule wasn't set (didn't know
before), I think a bit more promotion besides 'guess what we forgot to
tell you, Linus is coming' a day before the conf wouldn't have gone
astray, especially as PLUG is supposed to promote linuxconf. The other
promotional stuff has increased awareness quite well.

That ONE person, and his SHORT-SIGHTED post got a few e-mails saying it
may have been a small factor in more than just my decision to attend.

Regards,

Craig Foster
fostware at iinet.net.au (with SMIME)

PS I've "taken it on the chin" now, so don't bother replying... Thread
dropped...

<snip>